Cellar Door Sales and Tastings
Open 11 am to 4 pm
Sat and Sun – from November to April
Every day from 27 December to January 31
Job Vacancy: Cellar Hand for 2018 Vintage
Brown Magpie Wines
Is a 5 star Vineyard and Winery located in the Surf Coast Hinterland just off the Great Ocean Road. Established in 1999 this will be our 16th Vintage.
A vacancy exists for a suitable person to join the small team at Brown Magpie Wines winery for the 2018 Vintage. The winery is located at 125 Larcombes Road, Modewarre, Victoria. It is not far from the small town of Moriac, and 15 minutes from the City of Geelong.
The harvest will be approximately 7 to 10 weeks duration, usually starting middle to late February 2018 and lasting through to early April 2018. The harvest will be approximately 55 tonnes. It is expected that you will be available for the whole of this period and you may be required to work for 6 days (max.) in a week. Responsibilities include a broad range of cellar duties related to making premium red and white table wine. The work required includes, but is not limited to:
- Fruit sampling, testing and receival
- Crushing, pressing, additions
- Racking and transfers
- Fermentation plunging, barrel work
- General winery cleaning and sanitation
- Maintain cellar, winery equipment and surrounds, including the cellar door bathroom and shower, in a clean, hygienic and tidy state
- Flexibility of working hours
- Good mechanical ability and a high level of common sense are required. We need an operator who sees the work and anticipates the task.
- Ideally you should have knowledge of winery equipment and operations, and previous vintage experience.
- To be successful you must be able to work as part of a team, however there is an expectation that you can work independently in various situations.
- Good health is essential, as much of the work is physically demanding, requiring a good level of fitness.
- A commitment to your own safety and to your fellow workers essential.
- Due to the location you must have your own transport and suitable vehicle licence.
- Drivers Licence
- An Australian Work Safe approved forklift licence is mandatory, and you must have experience on a small forklift (2.5 tonne capacity).
- Pay rates are in accordance with the Australian Wine Industry Award and are dependent upon experience.
- International Applicants must have current Visa documents allowing them to work in Australia. A copy of the approved Visa or associated documentation should be forwarded with your initial application.
- You will be working under the guidance and care of a fully qualified and experienced winemaker.
10 September 2017
04 September 2017
Welcome to the Brown Magpie Website
Hello and Welcome to the new look Brown Magpie Website. Shane and Loretta…
Please complete the form below to join our mailing list.
We won’t bombard you with emails, but we will keep you informed of news of the winery, the wines and events.
We will use the information you give us only for the stated purpose and will not not disclose your details to any other person or entity.